Engineers Week promotes engineering and the importance of the profession to children in Ireland.
The aim of the event is to positively showcase engineering as a rewarding and creative career choice to children in all communities.
Engineers Week 2020 took place nationwide from 29th February to 6th March 2020.
Each class was assigned a task to complete during engineers week which promoted the skills associated with engineering.
- Junior Infants and Senior Infants made some fantastic hexbug mazes!
- First Class and Second Class created birds nests using a variety of natural resources.
- Third Class constructed towers using spaghetti and marshmallows; some brilliant structures were created.
- Fourth Class and Fifth class made paper rockets and used straws to launch them.
- Sixth Class engineered a plane and tested their prototypes to discover components which allowed their planes to travel as far as possible.
Each class were fantastic in their engagement with the respective tasks. Well done!! Huge thanks to Ms. Anderson for her meticulous coordination of the week!